People who drain your energy:
Also known as energy vampires, these people are so blocked off from Universal Energy, that they need to absorb/steal/take it from others. They will leave you feeling drained, exhausted, tired, depressed, lethargic and plain down in the dumps. They do this every time you have an interaction with them.
If you are an energetically sensitive person, these people are especially dangerous to your health. Most sensitive people are more porous or open on their solar plexus chakra.
They feel what others are feeling. They get caught up or swept away by a story or emotion. Their heart goes out to others because they can empathize. Sensitives
are also more likely to feel inclined to help these people. In the end, sensitive or not, by giving over your energy field, you’re actually reinforcing these people’s bad energetic behavior.
Most likely they have no idea they are doing it, but sometimes I wonder. There was an instance when I observed an energy vampire actually delighting in the act. She had her energy victim (my friend) right where she wanted her. It was hard to watch. The few times I tried to intervene and save my friend, the one draining her energy got irritated and shut me out so that my friend could only focus on her. Sadly I had to let the interaction run its’ course and then watch my friend try to pick herself up and function afterwards. In this instance I was praying that it was a learning experience for my friend so that she would shield and protect herself in the future.
People who drain your energy should be shut down or passed by as soon as possible. Everyone should energetically shield and protect themselves from these people. For energy sensitive people, it’s vital to your health to avoid these people.
Lending these people your ear does you and them no good. When you focus attention on them and especially when you are emotionally engaged with them, you are feeding them your energy. By engaging them you let them know it’s OK to do what they’re doing. You need to stop them, redirect them or move on. This is the only way they’ll learn.
Manifestations of energy vampires: Type 1
- One is the perpetually negative or “gloomy Gus“. They always have a cloud over them.
- They only have negative or depressing things to share. Some actually delight in it. Perhaps for these people any attention is better than no attention.
- Life always sucks. There is always a problem.
- There is never a good or positive solution. Nothing is ever good. Their health is always bad. They always have problems with their children. Their job is always terrible. On and on and on….
- You can try and turn the conversation positive, or find the silver lining, but they’ll find a way to put it right back in the negative.
- You can share something positive about your life and they’ll find a way to find something wrong with it.
- They want you to reaffirm that life really does suck. They want you to feel sorry for them.
- They want you to cry for them. They want your heart to go out to them. Don’t let them pull you in and down with them.
Shut them down, redirect or move on.
Manifestations of energy vampires: Type 2
The other kind initially seems OK. As you interact with them you notice these people endlessly talk. They talk about anything and everything. It could be inconsequential, too personal or they will repeat the same story 50 times. They cannot tolerate silence. They have to fill that sacred space.
Some cannot let anyone else have a word in edge wise. Others pretend to listen, but it’s just a pause in the long droning chatter that they have playing in the background of their brain, which they will continue to verbalize as soon as they can dominate the conversation again. It’s really a smoke screen for a giant void they have inside.
Again, don’t play into it. They learn nothing if you let them go on and on. Shut them down, redirect or move on.
If you get whammed by an energy vampire, take the time to take care of yourself. Recharge your energy. Take a nice Epsom salt bath or foot soak to “wash away” any energetic slime/tentacles they put on you. Eat healthy and nutritious foods. Take a nap. Go walk or sit in nature. Reconnect to Source by prayer or meditation and allow
the Universal Energy to refill you.
The key is to do what works for you, and to make sure you take the time to take care of yourself. You are more susceptible to making poor decisions, saying the wrong thing, injuring your physical health, etc…in an energetically depleted state.